Shop Foreman (Bi-Lingual Required) - 1280
**** Please note, in order to be considered for a position, you may not own, live with or have frequent contact with birds/chickens of any kind. This is for biosecurity and disease prevention reasons.****
This is a maintenance mechanic position but you will be overseeing 5 people. Working on conveyor belts, etc. would be a plus. Must be bilingual as most of the team is Spanish speaking. You will also be doing documentation and a little bit of buying (MRO).
$25.00 - $30.00 - Depending on experience
8-5 Monday – Friday
Direct hire w/full benefits
Description: The Shop Foreman supports production efficiencies by providing preventive maintenance support, systematic troubleshooting on shift stoppage and breakdowns, and predictive maintenance support for off-shift repairs, and assists in the development of preventative and predictive repair instructions and methods.
The successful candidate will direct and manage the day to day operations for the equipment and ag parts shop. This includes supervision of our mechanics and all equipment to insure proper preventative maintenance is completed as scheduled, and that all equipment repairs are completed in a correct and timely manner, thus reducing equipment downtime.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Safety First. Understand and follow all safety procedures, utilizing appropriate safety equipment at all times.
- Demonstrate proper us of LOTO
- Provide advanced mechanical skills, including mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and automation maintenance.
- Resolve complex machine and equipment issues too-causes analysis and troubleshooting techniques.
- Understand the theory and operation of all processing equipment.
- Control downtime by performing routine preventative maintenance and repairs according to the procedures outlined in the maintenance program.
- Performs emergency/unscheduled repairs of processing equipment. Troubleshoots and repairs/replaces correct components in a timely manner.
- Performs maintenance on high and low voltage electrical components. Understand electrical diagrams and possesses good electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Serves as a resource for other maintenance technicians
- Completes major repairs and/or installation to machinery and equipment. Works with maintenance technicians and management team to plan installation and repairs
- Sets and example for others by maintaining a clean, orderly work area. Uses tools and equipment responsibly, cleans work area and returns equipment when finished
- Uses proper LOTO techniques when making any machinery or equipment repairs.
- Controls down time by performing routine preventative maintenance and utilizing CMMS system.
- Completes all documentation as requires. Monitors compliance with the maintenance program and manager, as necessary.
- Perform diagnostics, routine maintenance and necessary repairs on agricultural tractors, implements and trucks.
- Maintain an efficient shop working environment, including the safety, security and cleanliness of the shop and surrounding area. Prioritize workflow of the shop to meet the operational needs of the farm.
- Oversee maintenance records and inventory control.
- Supervise shop personnel, train staff equipment operators
- Facilitate the acquisition of new equipment/machinery, or the dispersal of retired equipment/machinery as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Certificate or AA degree in electronics, electro-mechanical, maintenance or automation field with 3+years of related experience in manufacturing or food processing industry---- or
- HS diploma with 7+ years of related experience in manufacturing or food processing industry.
- Has ability and interest in learning. Understand electronics and can use computers and systems which drive and support equipment. Experience and knowledge of PLC’s control systems, electrical components and robotics.
- Ability to work independently and without supervision, but willing and able to consult with others and take direction.
- Must have a Class C Driver’s license or be able to obtain one.
- Ability to read and interpret schematic drawings required to perform installation, repairs, maintenance, and training on equipment.
- Ability to work successfully with all levels of employees and internal groups/teams, while providing leadership and coaching as appropriate and necessary. Ability to work with outside vendors and suppliers.
- Collaborative: ability to influence people in all roles, levels in the organization
- Strong team player with operational and analytical skills.
- Strong problems-solving skills and proven project management and continuous improvement experience and coordinating of multiple projects simultaneously
- Open and direct communicator; excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work long days, weekends and work schedules times
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Ability to be flexible and work with a positive attitude
- Ability to communicate easily with supervisors and team members. Ability to read and write English
- Ability and willingness to learn and grow in role
- Honest, hardworking and dependable.