Maintenance Supervisor - 1278
Shift: To be determined
$70K-$75K – depending on experience plus potential 10% bonus
Direct hire w/full benefits
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Minimum of two years’ experience with Ammonia. Must possess a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others. An ability to think ahead, plan and prepare action plans to achieve results.
- An ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost, and employee relations.
- The possession of quality orientation and attention to detail, problem analysis and resolution. In addition to, strong interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering, Business Administration, or a similar field is preferred
- Supervises maintenance team responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
- Acts as hands on supervisor supervising department employees in a freeze-dried manufacturing environment: plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures, and recommend improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
- Works to maintain uptime and efficiency through entire operation to include ammonia system and packaging operation.
- Attendance is essential in demonstrating dependability. A reliable team member is on time for all scheduled shifts and is present as scheduled. Any team member with two or more active steps of discipline for attendance does not meet expectations of position.
- Demonstrates the skills and abilities to perform his or her job. Any team member with two or more active steps of discipline for any combination of disciplinary actions does not meet expectations of position.
- Good judgement is always demonstrated to maintain a safe work environment. Any team member with two or more active steps of discipline for safety related incidents does not meet expectations of position.
- Current training is an indication of job preparedness from a safety, job skills, and food safety perspective. An employee that has completed all training expectations throughout the year as it pertains to his or her job requirements demonstrates that he or she meets the expectations of his or her position. A person that has past due trainings does not meet the expectations of his or her position.
- Leadership Provides strong leadership, sets a good example, skilled decision maker, motivator, encourager.
- Strives to eliminate errors, accurate work is a priority, seeks opportunities to improve product/services.
- Place high priority on food safety, quality, and sanitation by understanding and executing the company’s food safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Hold self and others accountable to food safety & sanitation guidelines and policies by communicating any food safety incident, observation, or opportunity to your leadership team or teammates.
- In the absence of Maintenance Manager serves as back up to ensure all food safety, quality objectives and SQF system requirements are met.
- Basic Machine Operations Must be familiar with the basic machine functions and operations.
- Change Management is responsible for constructing, developing, and launching new ideas while training others on the best practices.
- Communication Possesses strong communication skills and can explain complex concepts in ways everyone can understand. Often seen as having strong interpersonal skills.
- Continuous Improvement Design, roadmap and continuous process/control improvement plans, leading implementation of both, including application/system change management for increased efficiency and effectiveness of processes or data.
- Cost Control Evaluate and develop departmental procedures that support cost control, quality standards and foster efficiency and accuracy; champion process improvement initiatives as set out by the company.
- Develop department requirements and establish budget for Department
- Employee Management Maintains accurate records and tracking of team absenteeism and timekeeping. Demonstrated responsibility for employee hiring and retention, performance reviews, departmental conducting of employee training and development, and discipline.
- Equipment Manual Comprehension Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance, service, or operation.
- KPI's Track KPIs and reporting on cost savings, cost avoidance and efficiency gains
- Maintenance Skills Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain projects or tasks to keep the business in proper working order.
- Performance Management Manages departmental performance measures, priorities, including visual controls and provides regular progress.
- Process / Procedure Creation Creates and develops processes and procedures to new or established processes and procedures.
- Productivity Balances quality, productivity, cost, safety, and morale to achieve positive results in all areas. Works to continuously improve in all areas.
- Project Management Demonstrates the ability to manage task flow and complete assignments on time, accurately, and with efficiency.
- Proper Operation of Equipment Proper operation of equipment to safety and productivity requirements.
- Regulation Implement and maintains regulations, requirements, and programs. Provides support during audits of programs and other regulatory audits of programs.
- Repairs Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs to equipment and performs scheduled maintenance as needed.
- Safety Culture Prioritize a culture of safety and ensure ongoing communication of safety related priorities, champion process improvements with a focus on elimination of preventable workplace incidents.
- Technical Expertise Possesses technical expertise in area of specialty.
- Troubleshoot Detect faulty operations, defective material, and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.