Lodi, CA, 95240
$24.00 - $28.00/hr.
Direct hire/Perm position
Casual warehouse/steel toed shoes/bump cap
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all processes on the Powder Paint Line, most importantly safety, quality, and productivity. This position reports to the Director of Operations.
- Ensure equipment, machinery, receiving, inventory, and personnel are focused on meeting production schedules, drive Continuous Improvement activities, while focusing in on overall plant costs. Tracks and reports jobs to schedule and standards, investigating differences. Adheres to all Company rules/Procedures and make sure they are being followed. Ensure all employees’ work in a safe environment and follow all safety rules.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Enforce all company procedures / work standards. Make sure team members are producing at company standards and that they are following company procedures. Investigate all variances and respond accordingly.
- Ensure all safety rules are being followed; confirms all accidents are investigated for root cause and reported properly and corrective actions are put in place.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Make sure all team members are trained to effectively perform their job duties. Develop and train back up team members for key jobs. Assist in building teams and promoting teamwork.
- Provide Customer Service Coordinators with information as needed regarding shipment timing.
- Assist Work Cell Coordinators with first piece inspections.
- Hold a five-minute start up meeting at the beginning of the shift to provide daily direction.
- Ensure all Hazardous Waste streams are properly handled, labeled, and stored in the correct locations.
- Confirm team members are logging into Epicor system properly.
- Make necessary adjustments are done to ensure proper data is recorded.
- Check that all operators have the items they need to perform their job duties efficiently. Make sure any paperwork is filled in correctly and turned in to the appropriate places.
- Open communication with all departments concerning shipping dates, quality, manpower, equipment, production needs, environmental issues, and material concerns.
- Monitor and control inventory to ensure materials are available for production and report inventory needs to Materials Team.
- Maintain equipment in good working order / inform maintenance and write out W/O if needed. Inform Director of Operations of any lingering issues or safety concerns from equipment.
- Assist Engineering in the design of standard work processes and report engineering issues that pertain to the production floor and assist in getting them resolved.
- Keep work areas neat and orderly.
- Ensure all work cells 5S and housekeeping requirements are being followed.
- Assist on projects and programs that will eliminate waste.
- KPI implementation when needed.
- Solve problems and work on implementing new ideas and procedures to eliminate waste.
- Give direction and follow up with Work Cell Coordinator to make sure floor is running smoothly.
- Issue disciplinary write-up when necessary (e.g. Attendance, work rule infraction, job performance)
- Verify timecards are accurate in the Time and Attendance system prior to payroll deadline.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Production/Operations Management or equivalent required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills.
- Ability to motivate team to accomplish objectives.
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office, and ERP systems