Occupational Health & Safety Manager (OHS) - 1286
Base plus 20% bonus
M-F; 8 am to 5 pm
Food Manufacturing Company looking for and EH&S Manager
This position is responsible for the inspection, evaluation and implementation of company health, safety, sustainability, regulatory compliance and risk management programs.
Qualification Requirements and Preferences:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Two to three years prior experience working in a EHS role required.
- Four year Technical Degree with Professional EHS certification desired.
- DHS - Chemical Facility; PSM – Ammonia; CERs familiarity strongly desired.
- Proven leadership skills in a food manufacturing environment.
- Sound knowledge of environmental, health, and safety regulations.
- Results oriented individual that is able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Effective communicator, both verbal and written. Preference bilingual in Spanish.
- Solid computer skills and familiarity with MS Office applications
- Compliance to environmental, health, and safety regulations. Implement and maintain environmental/health & safety management systems.
- Prepare & submit regulatory reports to local, state, federal & corporate entities as required (including OSHA requirements).
- Monitor legislative changes and recommendations based on their potential impact to the business.
- Coordinate all COVID-19 related activities including, but not limited to, training, auditing program effectiveness, maintaining up-to-date crisis management plans manage entry programs, and being a subject matter expert for COVID and other safety related questions.
- Maintain metrics in accordance with Leadership requirements.
- Maintaining up-to-date Injury Illness Prevention Program including JSA’s, SOP’s for all EAP, PSM & safety programs, safe work practices and equipment.
- Responsible for partnering cross-functionally and coordinating annual safety and regulatory required training. Provides ongoing personnel safety training as required by OSHA. Certified trainer for all mobile equipment training including confined spaces, chemical safety, heat illness, etc.
- Support budget planning process with information on environmental fees & permits, safety incentive program and managing PPE inventory to ensure supplies are readily available.
- Support sustainability and environmental stewardship efforts throughout company.
- Performs safety evaluations, runs site safety committee and ergonomics programs. Chair or co-chair and lead the Safety and Environmental subcommittees.
- Maintain working relationships with Regulatory Agencies, such as, Department of Homeland Security, City of Turlock and OSHA to include participation in industry specified organization.
- Represents company, as required, on specific projects and during regulatory & agency audits, including documentation preparation.
- Complete accident and incident investigations and interviews throughout company, as required.