BASIC PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF POSITION
Provide technical assistance and ongoing support to product dealers/customers to maintain good customer relationships and promote product sales.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES: This position does the following in accordance with all applicable Federal, State and local laws / regulations and the Company’s policies, procedures and guidelines:
1. Resolve all dealer customer service issues in a timely manner to contribute to customer satisfaction of Products; track product issues and quality concerns.
2. Develop and maintain a quality dealer network through the Technical Service Certification Program.
3. Provide ongoing technical assistance to dealers, assisting dealers with warranty and out of warranty concerns. Administer and track the use of after warranty policy dollars in assigned territory.
4. Assist with product development by providing information to service technicians, engineering, and manufacturing plants for product design and service issues.
5. Prepare and conduct new-product service training for both division and regional dealership personnel.
6. Serve as a representative at dealerships, as necessary, to promote products.
7. Provide input into setting assigned area budget and ensure resources expended remain within assigned budget.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, AND TRAINING:
Specialized Agricultural training in either college or vocational tech school and 3 to 4 years related experience.
SKILLS AND BACKGROUND:
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience with agricultural or excavation equipment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Excellent customer relation skills.
- Technical knowledge of tractors and related equipment.
- Proficient using a computer, including web based programs and Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
EQUIPMENT OPERATION (% of time, description, nature of service):
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
- Tractors, lawn and garden equipment, and rough terrain vehicles
- Also, office equipment including computer, copier, fax, phone, printer.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs. The position will require walking, standing and sitting at a computer.
- Occasional travel may be required.