Delivery Director - 1386 - (REMOTE) - Client will sponsor!!
Location: Locations are anywhere in EST or CST. All work is remote currently with an unknown amount of travel post covid
FYI: Taking an account of ~ 5 teams and being a key player in scaling that to 10-15 within a year to 18 months would get them promoted fast
Delivery Director defines and translates the vision of the work into a comprehensive plan and drives execution, while building a strong relationship with the team and client and establishing and enforcing the proper execution process and quality standards. The candidate should be ready to handle multiple projects within an account or long term within organization, focusing on building efficient delivery organization and transparent communications with client team.
- Work with the company and client teams to track accountability of all projects and help drive engagement.
- Alongside other team members such as Account Managers, Project Managers and Solution Architects, you will lead initiation, planning and execution of complex projects (often united in a program), while ensuring deliverer standards are met.
- Work with business stakeholders, executive leadership and delivery team to define Product Delivery Roadmap.
- Lead, coordinate and drive decision making process for key technology decisions. Align company and Client architecture teams; act as mediator to find a compromising decision where needed.
- Develop, maintain and update integrated project/program plans, and ensure alignment of these plans across functions and with team leadership.
- Track and communicate with key client stakeholder roadmap execution status. Provide transparency for any changes in delivery dates (reasons, risks exploded, mitigation plan)
- Lead cross-functional analysis, technology and quality assurance teams to achieve key program objectives within a portfolio.
- Establish effective, accurate, appropriate and timely communication within cross functional teams to achieve key program objectives.
- Be able to dig into any issue within delivery organization and provide necessary leadership to the team to find optimal solution (architecture, project management, business analysis, Agile questions, quality assurance, etc.)
- Provide updates on key issues and progress to Sr. Management both within company and at the client.
- Proactively identify issues and provides general guidance to resolve program and team challenges.
- Can develop practical solutions to achieve program productivity and quality goals and objectives.
- Maintains knowledge of current status, milestones, issues and key data for assigned programs and serves as the conduit of information and updates.
- Provides input and general guidance to the team for presentations and updates to management and outside collaborators where applicable.
- In collaboration with senior team members, you will assist in formulating and executing the strategy for advancing company programs to successful completion.
- Identifies opportunities for standardization of processes and working best practices as well as recommends a plan for implementation.
- Remains aware of any potential problems and works to mitigate any risks.
- Strong background in Delivery Management and Solution Architecture.
- You will not code professionally but should definitely be doing Solution Architecture, be Agile CI/CD/SRE competent if not bordering on expert
- Ability to think strategically at the level of a Technology Consultant and the ability to quickly become a trusted advisor to a CIO/CTO level customer
- Excellent Project Management skills.
- Experience establishing and managing a multiple project parallel.
- Applies technical expertise and often contributes to the development of concepts, techniques and standards.
- Experience working in a presales environment from solutioning to client communication highly desired.
- Knowledge of software development/Product lifecycle, methodologies (Agile, Kan-ban, Waterfall) and IT roles.
- Excellent business communication and time management skills required.