Senior Java Developer - Transfer your visa!! - 1338 (REMOTE)
Full-time or contract – w2 only!
working on PST time zone
We are looking for a highly technically proficient Java software API/backend Engineer to work on One client’s suite of products at the Client site. It is a new platform development based on asynchronous reactive systems architecture. As part of our team, you will work among high performing engineering, design, and product teams. If you enjoy working in a high paced, highly technical environment where everyone can have their say while still being able to set and hit deadlines, then this is the role for you.
- Serving as a core member of an agile team that drives user story analysis and elaboration, designs and develops software applications
- Performing hands-on software development and testing, typically spending 90% of time writing code, API specs, conducting code reviews and testing in ongoing sprints, or doing proof of concepts/automation tools
- Identifying new contact channel technologies to evaluate and implement into existing call management solutions
- Driving consistent development practices - tools and common components
- Developing a deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms within the supported domains.
- Identifying exciting opportunities for adopting new technology to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
- Overall 4+ years of developing internet-scale solution, primarily using Java 8+, Spring Boot and no-SQL databases (primarily MongoDB) (D2+/D3/D4)
- Proficiency in Java 8/11 (Lambdas, Streams, Completable Future, Optional, Generic, GoF Java design patterns)
- Practical experience in Non-blocking synchronic development
- Experience in developing and building asynchronous Reactive Microservices utilizing Vert.x is a great plus
- Must have experience in developing REST APIs using Spring Boot 2.0 (reactive) and skilled in Open API (swagger) specification
- Must have demonstrated experience in designing database schemas, index design, optimizations for query tuning
- Must have demonstrated experience in Unit and Integration testing
- Experienced in utilizing Grafana, Jaeger, Splunk to monitor and troubleshooting application systems
- Demonstrated experience in using modern software engineering tools: git workflows, gradle, load testing tools, mock frameworks
- Experience with CI/CD
Java 8 and Java 11 (Lambdas, Streams, Multithreading), Web services: REST, Spring 5, Spring boots 2, WebFlux (Reactive Java) / Vert.x, Spring - Security / Spring – Cloud, MongoDB, OpenAPI (Swagger), Junit 4.5, AssertJ, Mockito, Jenkins, GIT, Splunk, Kubernetes, Docker.