QA Automation Architect - 1317
until Covid work from home is over then work in Newtown, PA
Full-time with benefits – w2 only!
Citizen, Green card or we can sponsor or transfer your visa to our client’s payroll.
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
- Define test automation scope (Functional and Non-functional), and tools and technologies required to automate testing for different tiers (Front end, APIs, Backend etc.)
- Collaborate with Project Teams, Business Systems Analysts, and other QA Leads, to create, communicate and drive overall quality strategy.
- Enable and embrace shift left strategy.
- Establish the test architecture, reusable frameworks, and components. Ability to choose approach and drive different types of automated testing(Functional/Non-Functional)
- Create/Assist/Troubleshoot the development of automation harness to ensure stability, efficiency, and scalability across the organization.
- Provide data driven, metrics driven quality assurance and visibility at program level.
- Has knowledge on how to incorporate quality into software (architecture, quality of code, deployment and release process, quality of testing process, etc.)
- Co-ordinate designing internal solutions (libraries, tools, automation infrastructure, applications and systems associated with quality)
- Basic understanding of EngX (Engineering excellence) practices and most popular tools (e.g., Jenkins, Sonar, JIRA, plug-ins, etc.)
- Participates in product design reviews, works with the Solution Architect and development team to improve system testability and overall quality.
- Establishes communication between Quality assurance engineers and other project stake holders.
- Has experience building efficient quality processes from scratch or significantly improving existing.
- Hands-on and up-to-date experience in modern testing tools and approaches
- Provide technical guidance and expertise to team members, colleagues and/or customers.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with other IT services, IT solution functions and customers to expedite delivery of IT solutions.
- Manage the Daily/Weekly activities of Quality Team Members and support the onboarding of new team members.
- Contribute to program/project review meetings. Support management in
- Determining status, assessing problem areas, suggesting, and reviewing corrective actions,
- Directing/planning necessary extra work, and rework and re-plan activities
- Work with project stakeholders to determine the appropriate quality initiatives.
- Assist in the development of quality assurance and testing policies, standards and procedures, processes, and best practices as related to automation through a Community of Practice.
- Support the onboarding of new team members.
- Work with project stakeholders to determine the appropriate quality initiatives to implement during system development life cycles.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Proactive approach to identifying issues and presenting solutions and options, and where appropriate, leading to resolution.
- Ability to clearly articulate both problems and proposed solutions
- Ability to prioritize personal and team workloads to best meet organizational objectives.
- Empowered to make decisions and recommend approach based on the results from quality review.
- Experienced with establishing test automation from scratch.
- Solid knowledge of the automation tools in the market to be able to propose the best setup based on the client's need and situation.
- Proven ability to evaluate, understand, and troubleshoot complex issues and solve problems with little or no supervision.
- Ability to evaluate requirements then develop test plans and test strategy.
- Hands on experience planning and executing end-to-end testing.
- Understanding of programming concepts in various languages (variables, parameters, data driven, and code flow).
- Experience with relational databases (able to formulate queries, insert, extract, and evaluate data from database tables)
- Previous experience with Test Automation, Web UI automation, API testing manual or automation; strong experience designing and building automation frameworks.
- Experience working with Selenium and Cucumber or similar tools in this space.
- Experience with TDD and BDD approach, its Pros and Cons
- Familiarity with the following tools (Jenkins, Zephyr, Jira, Quality Center, QTest)
- Must have experience implementing Continuous Integration / Continuous Development (CI/CD) practices
- Must be energetic and proactive team player with aptitude and willingness to lead when necessary.
- Must be good with understanding Automation SLA’s and Metrics and drive team in achieving them.
- Bachelor’s degree in any field with a minor in a Computer Science related field or at least five years of related industry experience.