Technical Writer - 1288 (2 positions available - Onsite!)
Location: Salida, CA - this is an onsite position!!
$66K - $70K
The primary function of this position is to develop technical, written documentation to support the users of our client’s product line. This includes end user manuals, service manuals, and product bulletins that are issued to the public.
- 2+ years of experience in technical writing
- Ability to take complex, technical information and translate it for other personnel and customers who have nontechnical backgrounds.
- Must have excellent writing skills to be able to explain technical information clearly
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s degree in English, technical writing, or a related degree
- Organize and write supporting documents for products
- Use photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase users’ understanding
- Standardize content across platforms
- Determine the needs of end users of technical documentation
- Study product samples and talk with product designers and developers to gain a good understanding of the information to be presented
- Work with technical staff to make products easier to use and thus need fewer instructions
- Gather usability feedback from customers, designers, and manufacturers
- Revise documents as new issues arise
- The ability to work and visualize abstract concepts and ideas
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Desire for continual learning and improvement
- Effectively craft and deliver concise and informative communications, to listen to and address the concerns of others, and to transfer and translate information from one level or unit of the organization to another.
- Comfortable communicating with managers, shop personnel, suppliers, and customers.
- Must create detailed instructions for others to follow. As a result, they must be detailed and precise at every step so that the instructions can be useful.
- Good understanding of equipment
- Self-Motivated; must be willing to go the extra mile with the team.
- Fosters a supportive “win-win” and fun team environment.
- Actively participates in achieving team goals and supports teamwork across all departments and divisions.
- Willing to compromise and looks for solutions that benefit the company as a whole.
- Displays respect for differences among team members and gives credit where credit is due
- Mechanical aptitude with hand tools
- Experience in Adobe FrameMaker or similar structured authoring tool
- Experience in HTML, XML, or other markup language
- Moderate skill in photography