Production Supervisor - 1285
$85K-$100K depending on experience
Responsible for the overall performance of the Production and Packaging Departments with focus on Quality, Food Safety, Efficiencies, Product Yields and overall work environment. Manage and coordinate the activities and department work flows in the production, and packaging departments.
Schedule: They will be in charge of Day and Swing shift
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide leadership, direction, and coaching to Supervisors and Leads.
- Plan for the professional development to Supervisors and Leads.
- Plan (week-to-a-month ahead), establish, direct, and supervise the activities of the team members by communicating job expectations, and appraising job results.
- Responsible for monitoring the metrics for production, labor utilization, equipment up-time, process methodology adherence standard operating procedures (SOPs), training of employees on SOPs, writing and developing SOPs where not existent, document lost-time due to mechanical and issue repair work orders, and approve preventative maintenance where needed.
- Training, coaching, counseling, acknowledging good work and disciplining employees.
- Initiating, coordinating, and enforcing company policies, and procedures.
- Complete production weekly plans by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; removing day-to-day barriers and resolving problems.
- Enforce and maintain compliance requirements with food safety, employee safety and sanitation policies and programs.
- Provide manufacturing information and respond to requests from management by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data.
- Analyze operations data to identify opportunities and drive action to improve and resolve problems.
- Maintain a safe, clean and efficient work environment by training and directing personnel on SOPs, best practice and company policies and procedures.
- Request and ensure timely follow-up on equipment repairs & service.
- Recommend and execute personnel actions, including hiring, employee evaluations, terminations and promotions.
- Develop Department annual budgets. Monitor and control plant costs in comparison to budgetary objectives.
- Ability to define problems using quantifiable information, collect data, establish facts, draw conclusions and implement to completion corrective actions.
- Establish, strive for and achieve challenging and attainable targets in the areas of: material conversion cost; packaging material usage; packaging material loss; packaging and supervisory labor costs; and fixed and variable overhead cost.
- Performs other duties as assigned from management to ensure business operations run smoothly.
- Recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices, maintain a clean and sanitary work practices.
- Ability to be flexible to the productions needs and adjustments to work-hours.
This position has direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Dairy Science or related discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years prior supervisory experience
- A minimum of 2 years of cheese manufacturing experience or similar environment preferred.
The typical work schedule is 8.00 hours per day 5 days per week. Must be able to work any shift based on operational needs; weekend work not uncommon. It is the attendance standard of the employer that employee be present and on time each shift they are scheduled to work.