Supervisor (Sanitation or Food Industry Experience) (Graveyard) - 1277 -(2 positions)
Our client is looking for a sanitation supervisor for graveyard. Someone that has experience in chemicals and preferably GMP practices but not required. Ideally, our client would like you to have experience mentoring and training.
Our client is open to see any Supervisory candidates - even without sanitation experience, they will train to Sanitation specifically.
Third shift but will train on days until ok to move to third
Shift hours: M-F 9:00 pm-5: 30am - Shift is graveyard but they will train on days
$60K-$67,500 – depending on experience plus potential 10% bonus
Direct hire w/full benefits
HOW YOU QUALIFY:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervisor experience for at least 1-2 years in the food industry would be ideal.
- Food preferred but not required.
- Proven ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Ability to think ahead and plan over a 30-day time span and prepare action plans to achieve results.
- Capable of balancing and achieving positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost, and employee relations.
- Possession of quality orientation and attention to detail, problem analysis and resolution.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Oversee and manage plant manufacturing operations within the plant regarding janitorial and sanitation
- Monitor sanitation technicians and sanitation in their use of chemicals and ensure use of proper safety procedures.
- Determine and maintain efficient production processes which will include writing Standard Operating Procedures with visual controls and then train to these processes.
- Provide leadership throughout the department, promoting a positive work environment for both janitorial and sanitation team members. In striving to obtain and then maintain operational excellence,
- Provide leadership in driving process improvements and developing team members to reach their potential.
- Responsible for properly scheduling personnel to ensure sanitation procedures within the plant are up to specifications and proper coverage is met at each shift in a 24/7 facility.
- Train, develop, coach, and supervise the team within the department to ensure safe and effective sanitation practices.
- Place high priority on food safety, quality, and sanitation by understanding and executing food safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Hold self and others accountable to food safety & sanitation guidelines and policies by communicating any food safety incident, observation, or opportunity to your leadership team or teammates.
- In the absence of Lead, Production Manager, or Director of Operations, serves as back up to ensure all food safety, quality objectives and SQF system requirements are met.
- Attention to Detail Completes tasks efficiently and accurately while paying close attention to detail.
- Basic Machine Operations Must be familiar with the basic machine functions and operations.
- Change Management Is responsible for constructing, developing, and launching new ideas while training others on the best practices.
- Communication Escalation Escalates issues to manager or other management as needed.
- Critical Thinking Forms good judgement when evaluating situations and reacting accordingly.
- Cross-train Seek to gain and pass knowledge amongst team members by training to skills and tasks.
- Data Based Decisions Demonstrates strong quantitative and analytical skills as they apply to reporting and information processing.
- Uses various methods to make data-based decisions.
- Emotional Intelligence Has strong demonstrated skills of self-management, self-awareness, social awareness, and relationship management in our work environment.
- Employee Management Maintains accurate records and tracking of team absenteeism and timekeeping.
- Demonstrated responsibility for employee hiring and retention, performance reviews, departmental conducting of employee training and development, and discipline.
- Employee Relations Provides employee coaching and development. Makes employment decisions.
- Resolves employee issues through problem resolution.
- Leadership Demonstrates leadership by leading by example.
- Priorities Identifying and aligning priorities with business vision, mission, and values while achieving objectives.
- Proactive Problem-Solving Acts in a proactive manner to communicate and solve problems.
- Productivity Balances quality, productivity, cost, safety, and morale to achieve positive results in all areas.
- Works to continuously improve in all areas.
- Quality Standards Must be able to understand quality standards, methods and reporting as required.
- Safety Culture Prioritize a culture of safety and ensure ongoing communication of safety related priorities, champion process improvements with a focus on elimination of preventable workplace incidents.