Maintenance Manager - 1259
$70K-$80K + bonus
Direct hire/Perm position
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for managing maintenance functions across the site. This include leading and developing the maintenance team and supporting the facility. Setting daily priorities and ensuring quality work is being completed. Additionally, this position will support the Director of Operations with capital improvement projects. Works closely with operations staff to balance safety, maintenance and production needs. Experience with planning, directing and monitoring preventative and corrective maintenance and repair activities to ensure the company’s buildings, facilities, machinery, and equipment operate reliably and efficiently.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development and execution of plant-maintenance vision and mission to assure continuous improvement and alignment with the company vision.
- Ensure that all manufacturing/facility systems are properly resourced and that all resources are efficiently utilized.
- Direct maintenance team members in their roles and responsibilities to meet plant objectives in safety, quality, cost and customer service.
- Provide technical support and coaching for efficient troubleshooting/root cause problem solving activities and maintenance repair to maximize efficiencies and limit downtime.
- Continuously apply sound mechanical and electrical solutions to resolve hindrances to plant efficiencies and to drive continuous improvement. Process Improvement of “Up Time” and reduction of “Down Time” throughout production, following Lock Out Tag Out procedures in a safely manner.
- Develop and maintain a ‘timely’ Preventative Maintenance (PM) Program.
- Provide leadership in implementing/maintaining preventative and predictive maintenance programs.
- Manage maintenance department costs withing budgetary guidelines including labor costs.
- Ensure that appropriate inventory levels for standard replacement parts are maintained.
- Manage the department such that Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Food Safety Practices are adhered to and a professional appearance is maintained.
- Perform and coach Root Cause Analysis to identify and resolve recurring downtime/inefficient operational issues.
- Schedule mandatory inspections and coordinate certifications with QC and stay within required compliance for all County, State and Federal Regulations.
- Drive employee engagement, training and development to maximize manufacturing, quality, safety and productivity goal attainment.
- Effectively communicate results/action plans to appropriate employees and managers.
- Collaborate directly with Human Resources to insure employee issues or concerns are correctly addressed and resolved.
- Ensure all quality and regulatory standards, specifications and policies are met or exceeded.
- Develop department KPI’s, baseline current state and utilize the data to improve department effectiveness (including safety, reliability, productivity and quality).
- A minimum of five years of experience in Electrical Maintenance
- Knowledge of advanced electrical components and their function
- Previous mechanical/electrical training or certification is a plus
- Knowledge of how to maintain and operate an ammonia refrigeration system maintenance.
- Knowledge of how to maintain and operate vertical form and fill baggers and scales.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as CAD drawings, blueprints, electrical diagrams, etc. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of investors, vendors, customers, or employees of organization. Bi-lingual Spanish preferred
- Ability to calculate and understand figures and amounts such as percentages, area, discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, volume capacities and financial proformas. Ability to apply simple financial concepts areas relative to the position.
Directly supervises multiple employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Work Attributes and Environment:
The work attributes and environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must perform while executing the essential functions of this job.
- Time management to prioritize multiple duties.
- Attitude: Approach all opportunities with a positive can-do attitude.
- Data-driven: Makes timely and effective decisions using data.
- Hands-on: Willing and able to jump in at all levels of the business to build and develop people, systems, and processes.
- Strategic and Systems Thinking: Understands the connections and relationships across functions and entities for both internal and external constituencies; can oversee the development of plans for complex projects and ensure successful execution.
- Change Leadership: Initiates and/or sponsors change efforts; aligns resources; overcomes resistance and engages, or motivates, others to implement and sustain change efforts where needed.
- Results-oriented: Does what is necessary to improve performance; balances the resources to produce desired outcomes; tracks and monitors performance.
- Partnership: Engages others to identify mutual goals, develop solutions, make decisions, and achieve outcomes.
- Service-oriented: Focuses and aligns actions and decisions on ways to enhance service and commitment to exceptional customer service.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is maybe exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); may work near moving mechanical parts; and be apart to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.