Accounting Supervisor - 1251
$100K-$115K + bonus
Direct hire/Perm position
The Supervisor, Accounting will be responsible for maintaining accurate GL account balances and coding in accordance with GAAP, developing and enhancing system and process controls, and facilitating the General Ledger month-end close process. In addition, the Supervisor, Accounting oversees staff assigned to General Ledger and Fixed Assets functions. Communicates with all levels of management to ensure information follows company policies and appropriate general accounting principles. Regular, predictable attendance is essential for satisfactory performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong participation in the month-end close process, including journal entries, accounting reconciliations, fluctuation explanations, while applying GAAP accounting to effectively report accurate GL balances for multiple locations and companies.
- Coordinate with team members to ensure deadlines are met for timely and accurate monthly financial close.
- Prepare supporting schedules needed for parent entity reporting and review schedules prepared by staff.
- Perform month-end GL analysis to ensure accurate GL account, location, department, and company coding by accounting staff as ensure that proper documentation exists for account variations from prior month.
- Review and approve journal entries prepared by accounting staff ensuring proper coding and supporting documentation.
- Review and approve invoices processed by AP ensuring proper coding and approvals.
- Maintain required monthly schedules and review schedules maintained by staff.
- Interface with other departments in the education & enforcement of accounting policies and/or procedures and well as providing information and support to other departments as necessary
- Perform special accounting projects as assigned.
- Regular analysis of system and procedural efficiencies to ensure financial statement integrity.
- Evaluate, document, and improve accounting policies, procedures, and controls.
- Supervise staff accountants, review journal entries, reconciliations, assets placed in service, CIP additions, as well as provide training and mentoring to staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Excellent understanding and working knowledge of GAAP and accounting practices.
- Able to be highly confidential.
- Proficient with computers to include the utilization of Microsoft programs such as Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Strong reconciliation skills required.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Manages stress and/or fast pace effectively.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work efficiently and productively in a multi-task deadline-oriented environment independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to identify and analyze problems using sound judgment and determine solutions.
- Self-motivated, dedicated, flexible, good team player.
- Initiative and ability to own projects from start to finish can approach tasks strategically.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Minimum of 7 years accounting experience including a minimum of 2 years in a supervisory role.
- Previous experience with Oracle or other large ERP system and multiple entity structure preferred.