Maintenance Technician - 1240
Direct hire/Perm position
Work Hours: M-F; 6 am - 2:30 pm
Repairs and maintains machinery and equipment such as sprayers, air guns, pneumatic tools, production machines, and equipment by performing the following duties:
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED OF THE POSITION:
- Dismantles, examines, repairs, replaces, installs, and observes mechanical devices pertaining to electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment associated with equipment in the Finishing Department.
- Types of equipment: Spray guns, air guns, and spray booths.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate cause of trouble.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to troubled area.
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
- Discusses machine operation variations with other maintenance personnel to diagnose problem or repair machine.
- Diagnoses malfunctions in machinery and equipment.
- Engages in dismantling, assembling, and installing equipment.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Establish and maintain a preventative maintenance program.
- Keep track of repairs done to machinery.
- Uses owner’s manual to create a schedule of lubricating, cleaning, and adjusting equipment before there is a breakdown.
- Maintains a spare parts inventory.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of preventative maintenance and repair to equipment
- Knowledge of various types of equipment to identify and/or diagnose problem in order to repair equipment.
- Knowledge of hydraulic systems
- Ability to maintain a preventative maintenance program.
- Knowledge of spray guns, air assisted airless spray systems, desired.