Manager - Asset Management - 1226
Direct hire/Perm position
The Manager, Asset Management is responsible for strategy execution of asset and portfolio management focusing on optimizing revenue and expenses at both the individual asset level and portfolio level. This position is responsible for managing the overall performance of all current and future data centers by creating, modifying, and enforcing policy for efficiency in non-mission critical data center operations.
The Manager, Asset Management also develops close collaborative relationships with various internal and external stakeholders, including sales, operations, accounting, and finance, as well as clients and NTT affiliates. Responsibility of actively managing the portfolio to implement overall growth strategy and optimize asset value is a key component of this position.
This position also manages a team of professionals consisting of a financial analyst, site managers for each property as well as assistant site managers, who will provide budgeting, operation expense trending and on-site day to day management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the development of annual business plans and budgets for each data center, including value add initiatives that will govern its daily operations and position in the market.
- Oversee preparation on monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting for senior management.
- Manage cash flow, distribution analysis and investment projections.
- Monitor and report asset performance against investment objectives and pro-forma metrics, budget, and other applicable benchmarks.
- Maintain a financial model for each data center to project returns and measure variances in operations.
- Supports and assists in financial reporting for new business opportunities.
- Keeping abreast of competitors, how they are positioning against us and how we can best position against them.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Manage a team of Site Management focused on the overall operations of all non-mission critical operations for all properties.
- Develop vendor management strategies to support corporate objectives for a broad range of services across all sites.
- Identifies capital projects for properties and develops operating benchmarks to monitor costs.
- Visits properties on a frequent basis. Coordinates asset walks of properties with site management team to keep up to date on all issues.
- Ensure the highest possible standard of building conditions and facilities management.
- Ensure the highest standards of client experiences throughout the portfolio.
- Ensure a system for emergency maintenance and repairs, with a strong focus on safety.
- Foster a problem-solving culture within the Site Management team which empowers and enables leaders to resolve issues promptly and effectively.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Regular, predictable attendance is essential for satisfactory performance.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Excellent financial acumen, with a thorough understanding of financial statements and reporting.
- Understanding of commercial real estate fundamentals, investment, and market analysis.
- Superior analytical, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive thinker with detailed-oriented and creative problem-solving approach.
- Exceptional judgment and decision-making skills plus demonstrable asset management technical skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and foster internal and external relationships with stakeholders.
- Strong business judgment and negotiating skills, with the ability to navigate nuance and complexity.
- Strong leadership, management, and team-building proficiency skills.
- Ability to identify issues and facilitate appropriate action plans.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Self- motivated with a track record of working both independently and as a part of a cross-functional team.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and quantify process improvement issues and solution alternatives.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Process and results focused with a passion for client satisfaction, sustainability, quality, and innovation.
- Able to be highly confidential.
- Proficient with computers to include the utilization of Microsoft programs such as Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Manages stress and/or fast pace effectively.
- BS/BA required in Business Management or equivalent degree.
- Master’s degree in business or MBA preferred.
- Minimum of minimum of 7 years of experience in asset management which includes at least 5 years in a co-location data center environment.
- Primarily sitting with some walking, standing, and bending.
- Able to hear and speak into a telephone.
- Close visual work on a computer terminal.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate any required computer keyboard, mouse, and other technical instruments.
- Able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
- Able to climb a ladder and work on a raised platform.
- Standard office; Data Center environment with varying temperatures and loud noises; extensive daily usage of workstation or computer.
- 50% travel possible.
- Must possess a current, valid state-issued driver’s license.