Cabinet fixer / Shop Technician - 1225
$16.00 - $22.00
Direct hire/Perm position
Work Hours: M-F; 8 am - 5pm
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED OF THE POSITION:
- Identify and complete field repairs to installed cabinets by performing the following duties:
- Begins each day preparing and maintaining vehicle/van checking inventory of supplies/material to perform field repairs; inspecting the condition of the vehicle/van and noting the Daily Vehicle Inspection Report; and responsible for all tools and supplies assigned to the vehicle/van.
- Experience in identifying what type of repair is needed and knowledge of cabinetry hardware.
- Performs touch-up on various stains and lacquer and the ability to identify the appropriate stain. Communicates daily with job site supervisors, homeowners, and internal personnel to answer question and provide quick accurate responses in a professional manner.
- Must be able to work under pressure and can prioritize work.
- Under the direction of the supervisors/manager, works toward resolving work problems or assisting fellow workers in solving work problems.
- Assures that rules and regulations on housekeeping and safety practices are observed.
- Performs other duties assigned.
- Work is performed on job site.
- CLEAN DMV REQUIRED AND PROOF OF INSURABILITY.
- Knowledge of cabinet and construction industry.
- Skill in making repairs.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize work.
- Ability to deal and communicate effectively with a variety of people.
- Ability to lift heavy items as required of the position.
- Ability to work in a safe manner.
Work is performed inside or outside and is exposed to all types of weather conditions. Areas may be damp, noisy, dirty, dusty, hot, cold, or drafty.
Required standing, bending, stooping, and working in tiring and sometimes uncomfortable positions for an extended period of time. Lifts and carries items that weigh up to 80 lbs. and or moves, maneuvers, push, or slide items for proper position. Heavier items are moved with the assistance from other workers.
SAFETY AND HEALTH REQUIREMENTS:
Employee is required to wear safety equipment appropriate for the job and work area assigned, as directed by the Supervisor. Required wearing protective eyeglasses and ear devices.