Senior Financial Analyst - 1222
Direct hire/Perm position
Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Under the supervision of the CFO, the Senior Financial Analyst position will support the Executive Management by preparing and presenting financial profitability modeling, preparing financial analyses supporting the short and long-range strategic plan, assisting in Annual Operating Plan and forecasting preparation, and actively managing the trade promotions spend budget.
This role will also be involved in assisting in developing presentations for the Board of Director Meetings. This role will help conduct and prepare analyses related to operational activities, customer pricing recommendations, and scorecard tracking and communication of key performance metrics.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities:
- Develop customer and product profitability/pricing recommendations to ensure the company’s return on capital requirements are being achieved.
- Collaborate with Sales teams to actively manage the trade promotions spend, capture appropriate monthly accruals and provide insights into the return on investment for trade promotions spend.
- Develop and update performance dashboards which serve to analyze financial results, monitor variances, identify trends and provide recommendations to cross functional Finance, Operations and Sales & Marketing leadership teams. These tools and templates include:
- Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and Prior Year Performance
- Customer P&L’s
- Weekly and Monthly Dashboards & Metrics
- Financial Bridging analyses
- Assist in the month-end financial close process and other duties as assigned by the CFO.
- Perform regular data analysis of financial information to identify variances and reasons for unexpected performance and effectively communicate recommendations based on analytical support.
- Assist in the preparation of PowerPoint presentations for Executive Management and the Board of Directors.
- Maintain collaborative partnerships throughout the organization and coordinate ongoing ad hoc and strategic financial initiatives.
- Responsible for performing post-mortem review of Capital Investments to determine whether expected results were achieved and reporting results.
- Protect the organization by keeping all financial information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Leverage strengths of the current finance team members, help to clarify roles and responsibilities and develop and implement training programs in order to maximize and reach optimal individual and organizational goals;
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization; create and promote a positive and supportive work environment.
- Experience mentoring and developing people in the Accounting functions.
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Success in this position requires a self-motivated, enthusiastic team player, who excels in a fast-paced environment. A leader with five to seven years of accounting and finance experience, ideally beginning in accounting and audit, followed by experience gathering, evaluating, presenting and reporting financial information to executive teams and external stakeholders.
- 5+ years of relevant financial analytical or related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Food and/or consumer goods manufacturing experience required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including leadership and persuasive presentational skills
- Superior analytical abilities, detail orientation and teamwork capabilities and focus
- Exhibits strong self-motivation and driven by results focused action
- Demonstrated effective public speaking skills
- Advanced proficiency Microsoft Suite (Excel & PowerPoint)
- Positive attitude, goal-oriented, and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Dependable, flexible, and ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment
- Ability to multi-task with excellent time management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related business discipline Private Equity Experience