The Outside Sales/Estimator employee is responsible for providing excellent customer service at all times.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Providing excellent customer service while estimating flooring projects by using the provided measuring equipment to create a computer diagram and accurate materials list.
- Closing sales on site when possible or forwarding information to sales associates for follow up.
- Prospect for new accounts.
- Perform project site visits and assist with project coordination.
- Store coverage as needed, which would entail the job duties described under salesperson, and depending on the store possibly warehouse duties also. See salesperson and warehouse job descriptions for more details.
- Client Service - Responds to the clients and anticipate their needs
- Conflict Resolution - Works to resolve differences and maintain work relationships
- Decision Making - Makes decisions and takes responsibility for them
- Ethics - Fosters a diverse and respectful workplace
- Even Temperament - Controls emotions without retaliating against negative behavior
- Excellent Communication - Uses language effectively to gather information and facilitate an exchange of ideas
- Flexibility - Adapts to changes while remaining focused on goals, applies knowledge to new circumstances
- Initiative - Remains proactive when suggesting improvements and solving problems
- Interpersonal Relations - Exhibits respect and understanding of others to maintain professional relationships
- Persuasive Communication - Displays verbal and written communication that influences others
- Problem Solving - Solves problems while ensuring rules and directives are followed
Retail, store environment and working in customers home.
Position involves the following physical/mental requirements: Normal dexterity with frequent writing and repetitive motions; frequent use of a data entry device/computer; ability to sit for long periods of time; occasional pushing, pulling, reaching, grasping, bending, and lifting; good overall vision; reading and close-up work.
Will travel to customers home location to conduct the estimate, may be required to travel between stores or distribution centers
Required education and experience
Preferred education and experience
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Forklift experience
- At least one year of sales experience
- Valid driver license
- Must have great work ethic
- Knowledge of Rollmaster software
- At least three years outside sales experience
- In-home sales experience