Inside Salesperson - Flooring - 1217
Location: Stockton, CA
Position type: Hourly rate plus commission
Direct hire/Contract: Direct hire/Perm position
The inside salesperson is responsible for providing excellent customer service at all times
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Providing excellent customer service while greeting guests and guiding them through the selection process.
- Check samples out, and/or schedule measures using the correct methods and procedures for optimal outcomes and tracking purposes.
- Work with estimators to develop accurate bids and follow up with customers using the recommended follow up procedures to close the sale.
- Order entry, including assigning product to available inventory as available, or initiating special orders as needed, then setting appropriate transfer dates.
- Maintain a clean and organized sales area, showroom, warehouse, and property including but not limited to floors, dusting, sample inventories, restrooms, placing price tags as needed, etc.
- Depending on the store, some salespeople may also be required to perform warehouse duties in conjunction with their salesperson duties. See warehouse job description for more details.
- Client Service - Responds to the clients and anticipate their needs
- Conflict Resolution - Works to resolve differences and maintain work relationships
- Decision Making - Makes decisions and takes responsibility for them
- Ethics - Fosters a diverse and respectful workplace
- Even Temperament - Controls emotions without retaliating against negative behavior
- Excellent Communication - Uses language effectively to gather information and facilitate an exchange of ideas
- Flexibility - Adapts to changes while remaining focused on goals, applies knowledge to new circumstances
- Initiative - Remains proactive when suggesting improvements and solving problems
- Interpersonal Relations - Exhibits respect and understanding of others to maintain professional relationships
- Persuasive Communication - Displays verbal and written communication that influences others
- Problem Solving - Solves problems while ensuring rules and directives are followed
- Punctuality – Arrives on time and works full schedule
Retail, store environment, may have a warehouse attached (heat and cold)
Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally
Occasionally between stores (mileage reimbursement available)
Required education and experience
Preferred education and experience
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Customer Service experience
- Sales experience
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of Rollmaster