Outside Sales - Flooring - 1218
Location: Stockton, CA
Position type: Hourly rate plus commission
Direct hire/Contract: Direct hire/Perm position
As an Outside Sales Representative (In Home Sales), you will be spending time with customers in their homes to determine their needs and discussing flooring options, while providing quality customer service.
- Closing sales on site when possible or forwarding information to sales associates for follow up.
- Prospect for new accounts.
- Perform project site visits and assist with project coordination.
- Following up in a timely and professional manner with customers on all requests or concerns.
- Answering questions from and providing information to customers about flooring.
- Assisting customers with flooring choices - explaining features and benefits of various types of flooring.
- Store coverage as needed, which would entail the job duties described under salesperson, and depending on the store possibly warehouse duties also. See salesperson and warehouse job descriptions for more details.
- Client Service - Responds to the clients and anticipate their needs
- Conflict Resolution - Works to resolve differences and maintain work relationships
- Decision Making - Makes decisions and takes responsibility for them
- Ethics - Fosters a diverse and respectful workplace
- Even Temperament - Controls emotions without retaliating against negative behavior
- Excellent Communication - Uses language effectively to gather information and facilitate an exchange of ideas
- Flexibility - Adapts to changes while remaining focused on goals, applies knowledge to new circumstances
- Initiative - Remains proactive when suggesting improvements and solving problems
- Interpersonal Relations - Exhibits respect and understanding of others to maintain professional relationships
- Persuasive Communication - Displays verbal and written communication that influences others
- Problem Solving - Solves problems while ensuring rules and directives are followed
Work environment: Retail, store environment and working in customers home.
Physical demands: Position involves the following physical/mental requirements: Normal dexterity with frequent writing and repetitive motions; frequent use of a data entry device/computer; ability to sit for long periods of time; occasional pushing, pulling, reaching, grasping, bending, and lifting; good overall vision; reading and close-up work.
- Will travel to customers home location to conduct the estimate, may be required to travel between stores or distribution centers
Required education and experience
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Forklift experience
- At least one year of sales experience
- Valid driver license
- Must have great work ethic
Preferred education and experience
- Knowledge of Rollmaster software
- At least three years outside sales experience
- In-home sales experience
- Design experience